29 Jan How Can BFSI Enterprises Leverage Hyperautomation to Optimize Resources?
Innovations in technology have caused profound shifts in the dynamic Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) sector. Nevertheless, this transformation has created a new array of obstacles, including heightened rivalry, regulatory demands, and operational complexity.
BFSI faces several challenges, including regulatory compliance, customer service demands, fraud detection, and operational efficiency. Hyperautomation addresses these issues by leveraging RPA, AI and machine learning for improved data management and analysis, enhancing risk management, and reducing costs through automation. This technology streamlines repetitive tasks and standardizes processes, boosting efficiency and competitiveness in the BFSI sector.
In this blog post, we will examine hyper-automation, its parts, and how BFSI businesses may use it to their advantage for better resource optimization.
What is Hyperautomation?
Hyperautomation aims to exhaustively automate complicated commercial operations by integrating cutting-edge technologies, such as process mining, RPA, machine learning/AI, business intelligence & analytics, etc., to push automation capabilities beyond their usual limits. The global Hyperautomation market size was estimated at USD 40.96 billion in 2022, and it is expected to hit around USD 197.58 billion by 2032.
The objective of this approach is to build a network of interdependent systems where different technologies complement one another to increase output while decreasing the need for human intervention. As a result, Hyperautomation infuses the BFSI industry with faster processes, rigorous compliance, and customer engagement.
Different Technologies in Hyperautomation
Here are the key technologies that form the basis of Hyperautomation:
1. Robotic process automation (RPA):
RPA in the BFSI sector involves software entities, known as ‘bots’, which are designed to handle routine, rule-based tasks. It proves particularly beneficial in various BFSI operations, including data entry, reconciliation, and transaction processing.
2. Artificial intelligence (AI):
Artificial intelligence (AI) in the financial services industry includes technologies like computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning. A key feature of AI systems is their ability to process data, identify patterns, and make intelligent conclusions. In financial services, AI applications are diverse, including automated customer care, credit rating systems, fraud detection, etc.
3. Machine learning (ML):
ML enables systems to acquire knowledge from vast data sets and gradually optimize their performance. Areas where ML application in BFSI is beneficial include threat management, forecasting, and customized financial advice.
4. Advanced analytics:
Hyperautomation in the BFSI sector leverages data analytics to sift through large volumes of information and identify patterns. This use of analytics enables firms to better understand customer behavior, allocate resources more efficiently, and make more informed decisions.
5. Process mining:
This allows diving into the event log analysis to understand process execution. The key uses of Process Mining in business financial services include the elimination of bottlenecks and discovering ways to optimize your processes with more efficiency.
How Can Hyperautomation Help BFSI?
BFSI companies face a plethora of challenges ranging from stringent regulations to improved customer experiences. To overcome these obstacles, Hyperautomation provides these numerous advantages:
1. Improved operational efficiency:
Through Hyperautomation, operations folks can focus on the higher-level strategic and complex aspects of operations by automating repetitive tasks that take up a lot of time.
2. Raised level of compliance:
In the highly regulated BFSI industry, non-compliance can have serious consequences. Hyperautomation helps ensure adherence to regulations, minimizing errors and fines.
3. Improved customer experience:
Automation also facilitates customer interactions, leading to faster turnarounds with personalized services and always-on support. This leads to customer happiness and loyalty.
4. Risk mitigation:
Combining Hyperautomation with advanced analytics enables the identification of anomalies or potential threats in the BFSI sector. This proactive approach can help organizations minimize risks before they escalate into major issues.
5. Cost reduction:
Automation also makes it possible for organizations to realize a reduction in costs since it lowers the amount of manual, labour-intensive processes and tasks. Thus, BFSI companies can more effectively allocate their resources.
How Can BFSI Organizations Leverage Hyperautomation to Optimize Resources?
Here’s a detailed outline of how businesses might use Hyperautomation to make the most of their resources:
1. Assessment and planning:
- Find the most important steps: Repetitive, rule-based and error-prone processes should be identified through a comprehensive evaluation.
- Define your goals precisely: Outline goals before introducing Hyperautomation to lower costs, improve compliance, or enhance customer satisfaction.
2. The use of technology:
- Pick appropriate technology: The identified processes and goals should act as a guide in selecting the best vendor & tools. Minimizing deployment risk with an eye towards future scalability, should act as goalposts when choosing the different tools.
- Working along with current systems: If the goal is to lower integration & maintenance costs, choosing a single vendor platform with the different tools & available plug-in’s, should be able to seamlessly integrate Hyperautomation with the pre-existing IT systems.
3. Launching the pilot:
- Run the Hyperautomation solution in a small-scale, controlled set-up to understand how it operates while identifying some of its potential limitations.
- Request inputs from process owners to refine and improve the process.
- When the pilot program becomes stable, you will then get a chance to implement it in other processes and departments later.
- Systems for permanent monitoring and development are essential to support continuous gains in efficiency.
5. Managing change and training employees:
- Train the workers on hyperautomation’s scalable toolsets and processes.
- Management of the change also involves informing individuals about how they can benefit from Hyperautomation while quelling their fears for a seamless transition.
6. Measuring performance:
- Since Hyperautomation can affect resource consumption, operational efficiency, and other important measures, it is crucial to state the KPIs that will monitor its performance.
- Assess the progress of Hyperautomation and change if needed by performing periodic evaluations.
Process of implementing Hyperautomation in BFSI
Hyperautomation in the BFSI sector is a journey that involves a series of strategic steps. Let’s break down the process into actionable procedures, illustrated with real-world examples from the Finance industry:
1. Identification of Processes:
To start, identify which processes can benefit from automation. For instance, in the Finance sector, customer onboarding and data recording are prime candidates that demand more agility.
2. Designing for Automation:
Analyze existing bottlenecks, like manual data entry in customer onboarding. Create a phased plan tailored to your organization’s goals, similar to how automation can streamline insurance claim processing.
3. Implementing Technology:
Deploy technologies like Process Mining, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI). Just as RPA can automate invoice processing, adapt technology to your needs.
4. Data Integration:
Real-time data integration is crucial. Using RPA & ML/AI consolidate data from multiple sources to ensure their availability for modelling & analytics
5. Testing and Validation:
Before full-scale implementation, rigorously test for issues. For example, test your intelligent automation requirements, and validate how ML/AI & RPA deliver accurate claim assessments.
Implement automation while closely monitoring its performance. Define and validate your metrics on how RPA handles end-to-end invoice processing.
7. Tracking and Enhancement:
Keep a watchful eye on automation with monitoring tools, adjusting processes based on feedback and evolving needs, akin to streamlining compliance checks with RPA.
8. Employee Training:
Ensure employees impacted by automation receive comprehensive training. Foster a culture of continuous development, mirroring how RPA empowers staff to focus on valuable tasks.
9. Feedback and Adaptation:
Collect feedback from stakeholders, end-users, and automated systems. Continuously improve your Hyperautomation strategy, aligning it with organizational goals.
By following these steps and learning from real-world examples in the Finance sector, BFSI organizations can embrace Hyperautomation for improved efficiency, accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
Hyperautomation in finance can transform the BFSI sector by optimizing resources, improving efficiency, and improving consumer experiences. Businesses that want to use Hyperautomation must identify their challenges, choose the right technology, and create a strategy for deployment.
Elevate your BFSI business with NuMantra’s cutting-edge Hyperautomation platform. Combining RPA, AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics, our platform transforms data processing, enhances decision-making, and boosts operational efficiency. Discover how NuMantra can transform your business practices.
Click here to explore NuMantra’s offerings and book a demo now!