Recapture up to 30% of business revenue lost in inefficient processes
What is Process Mining?
Know where you are. Decide where you want to go.
Today’s businesses own vast amounts of untapped process data. Deep discovery of your current processes enables you to leverage the full value of your business.
Process Mining is the easy and cost-effective method of using data science to track and improve business processes.
As more organizations generate data from their processes, process mining deploys automation technology to:
- Identify areas of improvement in business processes.
- Measure data variations across business functions.
- Detect any major process deviations.
Who, What, Where & How long of each process
- Pinpoint conformance strengths & deviations
- Determine variation across the organization
- Identify where to invest in process improvement
What can Process Mining do for me?
As more corporate employees connect with IT systems, their real-time activities are captured by these systems. Process data mining software converts this data into event logs – followed by visualization of the end-to-end process.
In the data-driven world, organizations can leverage process automation to improve their efficiency and cost-effectiveness. For instance, process mining when combined with automation in sales operations can be useful in gaining insight & automating tasks that generate and convert new sales opportunities. Similarly, process mining can analyze employee training programs and identify common errors.
With increased process mining & automation, organizations can eliminate (or reduce) their dependence on manual processes or tasks.
Far beyond interviews & surveys, it’s hard data
Process mining applies specialized data mining algorithms to company event logs and information systems. Identify trends, patterns, and details to obtain a clear, objective picture of your business process health.
Capture In-House and Vendor Data
With every click, order, payment, and shipment, each step in any business process leaves a data trail. Process mining gathers all the data, from inside and outside the company. The data analysis then gets compiled into an understandable report that empowers decision making.
Why use Process mining?
The traditional approach to any process improvement exercise involved the use of spreadsheets for task mapping as well as consulting with stakeholders or subject matter experts (SME’s). This mode of people-driven process improvement was both time-consuming and inefficient.
Driven by real-time business data, process mining software tools have transitioned organizations from traditional methods. This is because process mining can:
- Deploy powerful algorithms to optimize any IT enabled business process.
- Deliver positive results by providing an end-to-end perspective needed for process improvements.
- Monitor process performance and ROI continuously using process mining & automation.
- Identify the most relevant areas where it can deliver maximum impact.
Process Mining benefits
Process Mining can benefit organizations in many ways including the following:
- Improve productivity by removing process bottlenecks and automating redundant tasks performed by human employees.
- Reduce operational risks that may occur due to unforeseen situations and process-level exceptions.
- Reduce costs arising from manual processes –ensuring organizations spend lesser time and resources on fixing mistakes.
- Improves employee engagement and satisfaction – as they no longer need to focus on repetitive or redundant tasks.
- Improves operational KPI’s by identifying underutilized vendors and job positions.
- Increases process accuracy by providing end-to-end visibility into business operations.
Audit, Analyze, Improve
From manufacturing to distribution to supply chains, your business continually repeats processes. By auditing & analyzing each process, you can identify strengths and weaknesses to make data driven improvements.
Unleash the full power of RPA
Without Process Mining, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) only accelerates inherently inefficient processes. By anticipating RPA with process improvement, efficiency gains are maximized to their full potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a process mining tool?
A Process Mining software tool leverages digital footprints in processes and applications to transform data into powerful process insights.
What companies use process mining?
Process mining is used by companies across industry domains including eCommerce, customer service, manufacturing, education, healthcare, and the software industry.
What is the future of process mining?
In 2022, more organizations are adopting process mining to drive their digital transformation and business process improvement. Future capabilities of process mining & automation tools will evolve according to customer and market demands.
What is process mining and why is it important?
Process mining enables organizations to know what is happening in their processes – instead of assuming the same. It can help companies identify the “root cause” of process bottlenecks and optimize their available resources.